Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2
- Enter your contact information and project name matching the online form and upload the files below.
- Drag or select multiple files from your computer and then click the submission button.
- Include up to 10 (minimum 3) photos.
- Label your high-resolution images with the project name, company name, and location.
- Resolution should be as high as possible and photography should highlight the wood elements of the building above all else.
- Include at least one exterior shot of the building in full profile.
- Photography becomes the property of Atlantic WoodWORKS!. We reserve the right to use it for promotional purposes.
The projects will be evaluated based on these criteria to identify the winners of the Excellence in Wood Design Award, honouring outstanding achievements in the fields of sustainable and innovative wood design.
1- Innovation and Creativity
The extent to which the architects and developers have demonstrated innovative and creative use of wood in their building design and construction methods. This could include unique architectural features, creative use of wood materials, and innovative building techniques.
2- Sustainability and Environmental Impact
Evaluation of the project’s adherence to sustainable practices, including the use of responsibly sourced wood, energy efficiency, waste reduction, and overall environmental impact. Projects that demonstrate a commitment to reducing their embodied and operational carbon footprint, and promoting environmental sustainability.
3- Aesthetics and Functionality
Evaluation of the building’s aesthetic appeal and functionality. This includes architectural beauty, integration of wood elements into the overall design, and the building’s practicality for its intended use.
4 -Collaboration and Community Impact
Recognition of collaborative efforts between architects, developers, engineers, and other stakeholders. Consideration will be given to projects that positively impact the local community, enhance public spaces, and contribute to the overall betterment of the community in which they are located. The use of locally sourced materials and labour are recognized.
5- Cost-Effectiveness and Efficiency
Consideration of the project’s cost-effectiveness and efficiency in wood utilization. Projects that demonstrate an optimal use of resources and materials while maintaining high-quality standards will be recognized.
6- Durability and Longevity
Assessment of the project’s durability and expected longevity. Projects that showcase the long-term viability of wood as a construction material, with proper solutions to withstand environmental decay, and wear and tear.